Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Creating My Own Recipes

Been out of town lately. Spending quality time with the DH. Graduate school will be over soon and we won't have to live a part any longer. Or at least not far a part.

The other day I was in the mood for scones. I have been making a microwave mug bread to will I change of the spices depending on my mood. It makes up in absolutely no time with minimal mess. The end result is always satisfies that occasional need for "bread". This time the results were perfect especially since I now have some ghee to use, both in the recipe and to spread before eating.


Currant Scones

3 tablespoons flaxseed flour
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tablespoon ghee, melted in the mug (let cool a bit)
1/2 vanilla
1 teaspoon maple syrup
2 tablespoon dried currants

Mix all the dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Mix together the wet ingredients. Add to the dry ingredients and stir with rubber scraper until well blended. Toss in the dried currants and mix in well.
Using the scraper shape the dough into a cylinder much like the shape of your 4 ounce mug. Place in microwave and cook for 1 minute and 45 seconds. Remove the bread from the mug and slice. Serve warm with softened ghee. Serves 1. I roughly calculated the caloric value to be about 260 calories. Add some fruit and you have perfect breakfast. Or save to teatime later in the day.

I hope you enjoy my little venture into recipe creations. I continue to spread the word about Paleo trying to convert the skeptical.

But it's been six months and I am still at my high school weight.

If you try the recipe, leave me a comment and let me know how you like it.

K.



No comments:

Post a Comment