Monday, February 16, 2015

But the Very Best Part of Paleo is ...

Happy  Lundi Gras!

For everyone not from Louisiana, Happy Monday. While most people are well into eating better and exercising for the new year, that doesn't really start here until here until Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent. And if it's a late Easter, that can be a really long carnival season of King Cake. I am happy to report that this year having gone Paleo in the autumn, I have not indulged in the usual fare of the season. No excessive drinking or eating of the rich decadent foods. 

In fact I wasn't even tempted when coming in close contact of a giant chocolate ganache-filled pastry drizzled with purple, green, and gold icing. Not even a little bit. Score one for a true lifestyle change.


But that's not the best part of succeeding at Paleo living. Feeling better everyday with all kinds of energy is pretty darn close, but still not it. Okay maybe it should be.

No, today the best part is achieving my weight loss goal and staying there for over two weeks with absolutely no yo-yoing up and down. Not worrying whether every bite taken with tip the scales upward. Coming to a better understanding about nutritional balances and focusing on variety of foods taken center stage.  But that's still not the very best part.

The absolute, very best part is when you have to buy new scrubs because yours a falling off. Plus when you fit into a size 4 again. I get to bring out all my old clothes I had put away, sure I would never be able to wear them again.

Holiday season 2007.
Yep, this is absolutely the very best part of Paleo today. Tomorrow it will go back to being all about the health benefits. It's going to be very hard to find something to give up for Lent now. I think I make a commitment to the exercise component of Paleo for the next 40 days. Especially lifting heaving things so my arms will look like that again.

Here's to a making a promise to myself.

K.




No comments:

Post a Comment