Monday, March 23, 2015

Spreading the News

I have started considering myself a true disciple of Paleo living. I talk about the lifestyle to just about anyone who will listen. I wish more of my Type II Diabetes patients would be interested. Some politely listen, but then comment how giving up bread would be just too difficult. I thought the same thing. My former diet consisted of what I consider the French trinity: French bread, French wine, and French cheese. Okay so I only had to let of two. I'm not grieving because I now eat like a French woman without gaining weight.

I did met a woman the other day who was wearing a Crossfit shirt and naturally assumed she too was Paleo. Turned out she struggled with the commitment with regards to bread. I spouted out my recipe for Paleo bread I make in the mug in the microwave along with the chocolate cake in the mug. She began writing down every thing I listed in the dishes I make regularly. I was so excited to find some interested. But I was on duty and couldn't spend any more time. But I did share my last piece of Banana Walnut bread. One bite and she was hooked. "That's it. I am going to do this." I was thrilled. I referred her to my blog so she could see my links to the sites I used when I got started. I have found so many more that I need to add for those who find themselves here.

I remembered to take a photo of the chocolate cake in a mug I made for dessert yesterday. Recipe included.
I guess I should name this version "Mounds Cake in a Mug" because of the coconut flakes I added. I must admit it really is delicious and so moist. Better than cake made with flour. And so quick and easy. Enjoy.

Mounds Cake in a Mug

1 banana
1 medium egg
1 tablespoon coco powder
1 tablespoon nut butter (I used sunflower)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons unsweetened flaked coconut

I have a mini food processor that purees and mixes nicely, but a blender or electric mixer does the job as well. Puree the banana then mix in each ingredient until the result is a smooth batter. Pour into a large mug fill about 2/3. Bake in microwave oven for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Insert a knife to insure doneness. Add 30 seconds if needed. Remove from mug and  slice into 4 pieces.  Makes 2 servings. I calculated half the cake to be about 202 calories.

Now I am on a mission to keep speading the Paleo process word.

K.


No comments:

Post a Comment